introduction to the Uno Platform
With the Uno Platform you can empower your existing .NET teams to build beautiful, performant, single codebase and cross-platform web, mobile and desktop apps. In this single-day intensive workshop, you are introduced to the development philosophy of Uno and will build a new application from scratch that uses this philosophy. You'll also learn productivity tips and how Uno works under the hood.
- 08:30 AM. Welcome Coffee and Developer Environment Setup
- 09:00 AM. Introduction to the Uno Platform
- 10:00 AM. Productivity with Uno: Tooling and Ecosystem
- 10:30 PM. Let Views Do Views
- 11:30 AM. Creating Rich, Responsive UI on mobile and web
- 12:00 PM. Lunch
- 2:30 PM. Native inter-compatibility
- 3:30 PM. Working with Uno's Internals
what attendees learn
- Initial developer set-up and getting started
- The most productive way to develop an application
- Building an iOS, Android and WebAssembly application with Uno
- Building rich, responsive UI on mobile and web
- Usage of platform native views and intermixing them
- How Uno works under the hood
- Source level debugging and how to monkey patch Uno's internals
workshop audience and size
Some knowledge of programming experience in .NET is required, but no prior knowledge of the Uno Platform or WebAssembly is required. There's always a breadth of competency and experience so I tailor the pace and depth accordingly. Often this means a combination of one-on-one time with some participants whilst setting stretch goals for others. Ultimately, everyone gets the opportunity to be challenged whilst not being overwhelmed.
I try to aim for between 15 and 30 participants in a workshop. This keeps the numbers high enough to get robust group discussion going and low enough to ensure I can provide individual support as required. Whilst I've run with both smaller and larger groups, this is the "sweet spot".
As well as workshops run face-to-face in person, remote workshops are now also available. They work great for distributed teams or where the logistics of me attending in person simply don't work out, delivered via the organisation's choice of online conferencing tool.
Price is POA and it can be affected by availability, coordination with existing travel commitments and alignment to the syllabus. Price is always a per-day rate rather than per-head and generally works out less than sending the team to a decent conference. All materials used in the workshop are handed over upon completion and organisations are welcome to repeat the exercises internally.
Get in touch via the contact page if you'd like further information.