welcome to montréal, québec
Hello there! To help you fall even more in love with one of my favourite cities here's a list of ideas. If you discover something awesome during your stay please send in a GitHub pull-request with the deets by tapping the Octocat.
There is city wide WiFi mesh network that's super fast. You probably won't need a mobile phone data service if you are traveling from afar...
- Paquebot Vieux-Mtl for 3rd wave coffee. Great french hipster vibes. If you want to knock out some writing or just chill this place is grand.
- Oh My Deer Café does amazing espressos. Nearby Schwuatz Deli.
- Le Petit Dep does a perfect Aussie flat white. Great anglo vibes. Doubles as a tourist gift shop.
- https://www.schwartzsdeli.com/ (best smoked meat sandwich you'll ever eat in your life)
- https://www.ithq.qc.ca/en/restaurants/restaurant-de-lithq/menus/ (Culinary school restaurant, need to reserve in advance, lunch and dinner available)
- https://www.restaurant-toque.com/en/menu (very fancy)
- http://www.gibbys.com/montreal.php (fancy restaurant)
- http://www.restaurantchinatownkimfung.com/ (fantastic Dim Sum)
- http://www.littlesheep.com/enfranchise/ (mongolian hot pot)
- http://kazumontreal.com/ (small fantastic japanese)
- https://www.kinka.com/canada/ (japanese izakaya)
- http://www.dunnsfamous.com/en/ (always open 24 hour poutine and smoked meat)
- http://www.northstarpinball.com/english/#pinball (Pinball bar)
- https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g155032-d9830762-Reviews-Chez_Serge-Montreal_Quebec.html (Small bar with drinks in beach buckets and a bull to ride)
- https://barlelab.com/ (small bar with very interesting cocktails)
- http://www.stogiescigars.com/ (cigar lounge)
- http://whiskycafe.com/ (cigar lounge and large whisky selection)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam-Tams (only on Sundays)
- https://www.marchespublics-mtl.com/en/marches/jean-talon-market/ (best on weekends)
- http://marcheauxpuces.mathers.ca/index_en.htm (weekend flea market, a bit out of the way but something nice outside of the city) Pub trivia on Monday nights at bars like Brutopia and Ye Old Orchard Pub
- Visit Quebec City via boat or via Train.
- Head to The Great Escape & Hurricane Harbor (New York, USA) for one of the best woodern rollercoasters ever made.