On the back of the packaging of the Apple USB Network Adapter there’s a little disclaimer that mentions that it can be only used with a Apple MacBook. This is not true, I have been for a couple years using the adapter on Windows Vista, 7, 8.x and 10 with this driver. The driver was created by myself by taking the official OEM vendor driver and adding the appropriate Apple identifier into
Ax88722.inf as per these instructions.
Here’s how you can install it:
- Download the network driver and extract it.
- Next, attach your Apple USB Ethernet Adapter if you have not already done so.
- Launch Device Manager (right-click on “computer” and select “manage”).
- Locate the unknown device “Apple USB Ethernet”.
- Right click on the device and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Select “browse my computer for driver software”
- In the file browser dialog, select the driver thats appropriate to your operating system (32bit vs 64bit)